Production Blog: Editing

 As the editing guru of our group, it was up to me to piece together all the footage we captured into a cinematic masterpiece. Considering my experience as the editor for our previous project, everyone agreed that I was the right person for the job. Plus, I've picked up a bunch of new editing tricks along the way, so I was pumped to put them to good use. Since I have the beefiest computer in the group, we initially planned to gather at my place for the editing session. But then we had a lightbulb moment – why not have a virtual meeting instead? So, we huddled up over a phone call, which gave us all more flexibility. Our first task was settling on the editing software. After some back and forth, we settled on Cap-cut – it seemed like the best fit for our needs. Then, it was game time. I dove into editing while the rest of the crew chimed in with their suggestions and tweaks along the way. We spent ages perfecting the transitions between scenes – seriously, it felt like we were in transition purgatory! I did my best to seamlessly integrate them, but it still ate up a chunk of our time. All in all, we clocked in about 4 hours of editing madness before collectively deciding that we'd reached our limit. With our edits locked in, we took a moment to review our handiwork, and you know what? It looked pretty darn good if I do say so myself. After patting ourselves on the back, we bid each other farewell, already buzzing with excitement for our next blog post. Time to show the world what we're made of!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Task - Our Pitch

Planning Blog For My Music Video

Research blog: Music Video Conventions